BOSTON, May 25, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- In response to severe weather, the governors of Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas and Kansas have declared states of emergency for all or part of their states. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Blue Cross), Inc. is expediting access to care for members who may be affected.
Blue Cross has more than 4,500 members living in areas where states of emergency have been declared in Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas and Kansas. The health plan is working to ensure those members can access health services and medications quickly and in locations convenient to them.
Effective immediately and for the next 90 days, Blue Cross is allowing:
- Early refills of any prescription medication
- Affected members to use Well Connection, the health plan's dedicated telehealth platform to access medical and mental health services free of cost, with no copayments or deductible.
- Members in Mississippi should enter the code BCBSMA33
- Members in Louisiana should enter the code BCBSMA34
- Members in Texas and Kansas should enter the code BCBSMA35
(Note: After June 10, 2021, only members with Blue Cross' telehealth benefit will be able to access Well Connection and only via My Blue)
About Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (bluecrossma.org) is a community-focused, tax-paying, not-for-profit health plan headquartered in Boston. We are committed to the relentless pursuit of quality, equitable and affordable health care with an unparalleled consumer experience. Consistent with our promise to always put our members first, we are rated among the nation's best health plans for member satisfaction and quality. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
SOURCE Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts