BOSTON, March 10, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Blue Cross), today announced the winners of its seventh annual Municipal Blue Innovation Awards. The Awards recognize Massachusetts cities, towns and other municipal entities for implementing innovative health care and wellness programs and accomplishments in lowering health care costs. Each winner was recognized with a plaque and $5,000 wellness grant in ceremonies in their local communities.
The 2015 Municipal Blue Innovation Award Recipients Are:
- Town of Agawam for its collaborative efforts to keep employees and retirees aware of health care trends and the implementation of innovative strategies to moderate health care costs.
- Town of Chelmsford for reaching a three-year agreement to stabilize cost increases, while also broadening wellness initiatives for employees.
- Town of Dartmouth for lowering of their retirees' health care costs, implementing an educational wellness program and efforts to build a greener and more sustainable community.
- Town of Hopkinton for implementing new health plans to reduce costs for retirees and employees and establishing a wellness committee to encourage healthy behaviors.
- City of Newburyport for stabilizing health care costs and broadening wellness initiatives for employees.
- Shawsheen Valley Technical School for its robust wellness programs and tools that are helping employees live healthier lives.
"Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts is the trusted health plan provider of municipal and governmental organizations – and has been for more than 78 years because of the flexibility we offer, affordable and targeted health care plan designs, excellent customer service and health and wellness programs unequaled in the market place," said Larry Croes, Blue Cross' Vice President of Commercial and Municipal Markets. "We understand that municipalities need to contain costs while also providing innovative solutions and tools to improve the health of their workforce. These six groups are a shining example of the great work happening throughout our Commonwealth, and we are honored to partner with such engaged leaders."
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts provides health coverage to 79 percent of Massachusetts municipal entities, their families and to 120,000 federal employees. We're committed to partnering with municipalities to reduce health care costs while improving the health of their employees. To learn more about our Municipal Blue health plans and wellness options call: 617-246-7500.
About Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (www.bluecrossma.com) is a community-focused, tax-paying, not-for-profit health plan headquartered in Boston. We are the trusted health plan for more than 31,500 Massachusetts employers and are committed to working with others in a spirit of shared responsibility to make quality health care affordable. Consistent with our corporate promise to always put our 2.8 million members first, we are rated among the nation's best health plans for member satisfaction and quality. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.Member Central
SOURCE Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts