BOSTON — March 28, 2014 — Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (BCBSMA) is committed to ensuring that its members affected by North Adams Regional Hospital's plans to close have continued access to the quality health care they need. BCBSMA is grateful to North Adams Regional Hospital and its staff for the excellent care they provided our members over the years.
BCBSMA is taking immediate steps to support its customers, members, and their caregivers through this time with its reliable coverage and services. The following information is designed to help BCBSMA members get the care they need:
- Emergency care:
- Berkshire Medical Center has a toll free hotline open 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer questions from Blue Cross members and North Adams residents (1-855-262-5465). Patients seeking Spanish language assistance should call 413-881-5489. Blue Cross members, or any other North Adams residents, needing home care should contact the Berkshire Health System VNA at 413-447-3054.
- Southwestern Vermont Medical Center's number 802-442-6361 to answer questions from Blue Cross members and North Adams residents.
- Non-urgent care is available at:
- Berkshire Medical Center in Pittsfield
- Fairview Hospital in Great Barrington
- Baystate Medical Center locations in Greenfield, Ware, and Springfield
- Additional services for Blue Cross members:
- Members can call 1-888-404-9846, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. with any questions.
- Our BlueCareLine (1-888-247-BLUE) is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and provides assistance with our members' non-emergency medical questions.
- On April 4, BCBSMA will be on-site at the following locations to answer questions and concerns:
- Town of Adams, Town Hall Selectmen's Room, 8 Park Street, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Williams College, The Log, 78 Spring Street, 12 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- North Adams Council on Aging, Mary Spitzer Center, 116 Ashland Street, 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Employees of North Adams Regional Hospital:
- Employees will receive information from their employer about their coverage options.
- If they need help selecting a new Blue Cross plan, they can call us directly or go to our website
(1-800-422-3545, press option #2, or visit GetBlueMA).
- We will honor retroactively an April 1st effective date through the end of April for any of these members.
About Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (www.bluecrossma.com) is a community-focused, tax-paying, not-for-profit health plan headquartered in Boston. We are the trusted health plan for more than 31,500 Massachusetts employers and are committed to working with others in a spirit of shared responsibility to make quality health care affordable. Consistent with our corporate promise to always put our 2.8 million members first, we are rated among the nation's best health plans for member satisfaction and quality. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.