Boston — March 18, 2014 — Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (BCBSMA) today launched an interactive website that uses a compelling combination of customer stories, videos and graphics to report on the company's progress as an innovator, problem solver, and trusted adviser during a time of unprecedented change in health care.
Leading Through Change: Health Care Solutions for the Reform Era includes some elements of a traditional annual report, but it provides a broader, forward-looking perspective on the company's commitment to making high-quality health care affordable and accessible, according to BCBSMA president and CEO, Andrew Dreyfus.
"Health care is going through an extraordinarily turbulent time, and I'm proud that Blue Cross has been an innovator and a leader," Dreyfus says. "There's still a lot to be done, but the products, programs and partnerships featured on this website point to a future where health care works better for everyone, at a cost we can afford."
The report features:
- A video message from Dreyfus outlining BCBSMA's response to three of the most pressing challenges facing the health care community.
- A whiteboard animation and brief stories showcasing employers that have turned to BCBSMA for creative, affordable benefit solutions.
- An introduction to BCBSMA's new, evidence-based approach to helping members reduce health risks.
- A compelling look at how collaboration between BCBSMA and one of its major provider partners is helping a teenager with serious disabilities stay at home and out of the hospital.
- An overview of 2013 performance, including the company's business facts and figures and its Corporate Citizenship and Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
BCBSMA is releasing its report exclusively on the company's website, which helps to reduce costs and its impact on the environment. The report features a fresh, contemporary design that is easy to navigate and its layout adapts to any device.
View Leading Through Change here.
About Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (www.bluecrossma.com) is a community-focused, tax-paying, not-for-profit health plan headquartered in Boston. We are the trusted health plan for more than 31,500 Massachusetts employers and are committed to working with others in a spirit of shared responsibility to make quality health care affordable. Consistent with our corporate promise to always put our 2.8 million members first, we are rated among the nation's best health plans for member satisfaction and quality. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.