In this section of the Blue Cross Blue Shield MediaRoom, you'll find our news releases. The releases are listed in chronological order and are archived by year.
Jun 27, 201822 Massachusetts hospitals are among the nation's Blue Distinction Centers for Maternity Care
Blue Distinction Centers for Maternity Care, including 22 hospitals in Massachusetts, are leading the nation in the reduction of cesarean delivery (C-section) rates for first-time mothers in what...
- Jun 20, 2018Company's commitment to healthy living showcased in free summer fitness series and new national report
This summer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (“Blue Cross”) is encouraging residents in the Boston area to get active by taking part in four unique, free outdoor fitness programs,...
- Jun 8, 2018Company awards more than $330,000 to 29 Massachusetts nonprofits to support innovate health solutions.
BOSTON – June 7, 2018 –Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts has awarded $338,133 to 29 nonprofit organizations during its first round of Healthy Living Grants in 2018. Funding supports each...
- Jun 1, 2018New findings show diagnoses are on the rise; Cape Cod rates are double the national average
Diagnoses of skin cancers are higher in Massachusetts than the national average and are even higher on Cape Cod, which has the third highest rate of diagnosis in the nation. Skin cancers are...
May 17, 2018
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts has been named one of the nation's 500 best employers among mid-sized companies by Forbes. Mid-sized companies are those with between 1,000 and 5,000 employees.
May 15, 2018
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Blue Cross), Inc. and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts HMO Blue, Inc. today reported a combined after-tax first quarter net income of $57.5 million...
May 10, 2018
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Blue Cross) has been named the top health plan in Massachusetts for the second consecutive year, according to J.D. Power, a global leader in consumer insights.
- May 9, 2018Through Blue Cross partnership, Metro Boston public bike share system becomes Blue Bikes this month; special launch promotions include free rides and discounted memberships
Residents will get their first look today at the new Blue Bikes about to hit the streets of Boston, Cambridge, Brookline and Somerville, as part of the Metro Boston public bike share system's new...
- Apr 12, 2018Drug Story Theater Expands Innovative Addiction Prevention Program For Students To More Than 60 Cities And Towns Across Massachusetts$250,000 investment from Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA will fund expansion of nonprofit peer education program to reduce rate of addiction among children and teens
Thousands of middle and high school students across the Commonwealth will get to experience an innovative peer-to-peer education program led by local teens in recovery, thanks to a new partnership...
Apr 2, 2018Plan helps accounts choose the right solutions to keep employees healthy and lower health care costs
Digital health is a hotbed for innovation, with venture capitalists spending nearly $5 billion in the space last year (think FitBits, Smart Scales, and wellness apps). With the constant surge in...